Breaking the rules for my kids ! ?

Breaking Manufacturing rules for My kids Safety ?

Well, I haven’t been able to write much about the crazy things that happen with my family, I’ve been busy working and my hours are speratic. One day I work mornings the next night - it’s crazy. But I just had to take the time to write this down.

You know that everything you buy has a manufacturer guidelines, rules and all that. It’s there to keep you from doing something that would end up hurting you. Well, I broke the rules in order to help my little boy from getting hurt. Really - I broke the rules to protect my child?

childrenWell, the thing is my son wants to ride his bike without training wheels - unlike his sister who took several years up to the age of seven or eight to learn how to ride with out training wheels - he wants to be like her, compete with her and wants to learn how to ride his bike without training wheels. Ofcourse he is only four years old and learning will be tough - but my real problem is, I don’t want him to fall down and get hurt. Don’t get me wrong, this boy is a rock and an adventurer - I just know he is not ready and a trip to the emergency room I do not want.

So I took his training wheels which are the only kind that fit his small bike and do not move [ rise or adjust to lift off ground ] and I began to bang, hit, pound with rubber mallet and Hammer to bend it to an appropriate curve so he could ride his bike and get the feel for balancing the bike. It was funny, because here I am banging on his wheels [ his bike in his mind ] with a hammer and telling him - not to do what daddy is doing....

After I thought about it, I remembered that the last time he saw me use tools he went around the house unscrewing everything in sight - God I hope he doesn’t go around hammering everything in the house ? ! ...

When I finally got the training wheels the way I wanted them we took’em for a spin - it took him awhile to stop leaning over and depending on the training wheels - but when he started getting it he was ecstatic - he was already proclaiming that he could ride just like his sister... Hold on there buddy, lets learn how to make a right hand turn first.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meaning of Words: Stupid, Dumb, Ignorant, foolish and Retarded

Walt Disney world - Magic Kingdom

STUCK ! on Bush Gardens ride