Meatballs coated in marinara sauce recipe : online cooking class , not

Meatballs coated in marinara sauce / not an online cooking class


I am not a Chef, this is not a online cooking class, I just want to remind you: that I love to eat. So as I obey my Doctors orders to watch my weight and lower my cholestorol - I do my diet, suffer the whole week long and give myself a reward for fighting off the urge to whoof down a big-mac..
It gives me a reason to be a "Week end food warrior"... Raor!

I believe I may have written about this recipe on an earlier post but I thought I should share the full recipe here today.

Meatball Parmigiana Sliders
From Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia

not a online cooking classMeatballs coated in marinara sauce, smothered with cheese, and sandwiched in brioche rolls are a party-perfect nibble. For tender meatballs, combine the ingredients gently and don't pack the meat too tightly.

Cooking Ingredients
• 2 slice(s) white or sandwich bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
• 1/2 cup(s) whole milk
• 8 ounce(s) ground beef (85 percent lean)
• 8 ounce(s) ground pork
• 4 ounce(s) ground veal
• 1 cup(s) (1 ounce) finely grated pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese , divided
• 3 tablespoon(s) coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
• 1 large egg
• Coarse salt
• marinara sauce
• 24 brioche rolls, split
• 1 1/2 cup(s) (5 ounces) coarsely grated mozzarella cheese
• 1/2 cup(s) (1 ounce) finely grated pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, for sliders
• Small basil leaves

not a online cooking classCooking Directions

Make the meatballs: Soak bread in milk for 5 minutes. Gently mix bread and milk with meats , 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano, parsley, garlic, egg, and 1 teaspoon salt. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

Roll mixture into 24 one-ounce balls (each about the size of a golf ball).
Heat sauce in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Drop meatballs into sauce, and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook, partially covered, until meatballs are cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.

Make the sandwiches: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Working in batches, arrange rolls, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Place 1 meatball, a spoonful of sauce, 1 tablespoon mozzarella, and 1 teaspoon pecorino Romano on bottom halves. Bake until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Top with basil and close sandwich.


A reminder: I am not a chef, this is not a online cooking class, I am just an individual who loves to eat and has cuaght the cooking bug and though my doctor says " lower my cholesterol" I can't cut every good food out. So I keep my diet by rewarding myself with something UHhmmm UHhmm good. Don't tell my doctor.

** List of recipe here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meaning of Words: Stupid, Dumb, Ignorant, foolish and Retarded

Walt Disney world - Magic Kingdom

STUCK ! on Bush Gardens ride