Recipe for slow cook short ribs - yum

All things RIBS - it's what I live for. So when I found this recipe I was ecstatic - but as delicious as it sounds I did run into a small snag. But I am going to try it out any way.

recipe slow cook short ribsThe recipe Star: Short Ribs

Hours of cooking melt the fat on this cut of beef, creating an intense meatiness that holds its own with barbecue sauce, Asian spices, or red wine

Basic Method
1. Sprinkle 4 lbs. bone-in beef short ribs with ½ tsp. each salt and pepper. In 12-in. skillet, heat 2 tsp. vegetable oil on med.-high until very hot. In batches, brown short ribs just on meaty sides.
2. Meanwhile, in 6- to 7-qt. slow cooker bowl, whisk together Flavoring Liquids and Seasonings; add Vegetables. Transfer meat to slow cooker bowl.
3. Cover and cook 5 hours on High or 10 hours on Low, or until very tender. Transfer meat to cutting board. Skim and discard fat from cooking liquid.
4. Transfer cooking liquid to 4-qt. saucepot; heat to boiling on med.-high. Boil 5 to 10 min. or until reduced by about half.

Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time:
5 hours and 20 minutes on High
10 hours and 20 minutes on Low

I am not a professional cook so step 2 for me gets a bit hazy. Flavoring liquids? Seasonings? Vegetables? It would have been nice if I was provided more specifics. I am to a real cook this is not rocket science and it is all hunky dory… but for me I guess I’ll improvise – hope it works out.

More Fun Food Recipes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meaning of Words: Stupid, Dumb, Ignorant, foolish and Retarded

Walt Disney world - Magic Kingdom

STUCK ! on Bush Gardens ride