Getting Old - Get Cancer Insurance ???

Cancer Insurance ? That’s New!
I sell life insurance on the side and I have life insurance - I believe it’s important. I love my children and yes even my wife. I want to believe that they will have a future even if [ God forbid ] I were to unexpectedly die. But when my Doctor mentioned getting my prostate checked in a couple of years because I’m reaching that age when men get prostate cancer - I had to take a double take. Life insurance doesn’t cover cancer???

cancer insuranceThen I read some stuff on Cancer insurance. I remembered what a friend of mine told me about Aflack and how they provided supplemental insurance and yes even had a policy for “cancer insurance". Funny - before today I never really thought about it. That is about "Cancer insurance " - wow just like my car. Maybe I’m just being overly cautious or just realizing I’m not young and yes I am mortal. But first I plan for my kids future with life insurance - now I’m thinking about things like long term illnesses and cancer insurance ???? God I hate getting old.

What is cancer insurance?
Cancer insurance conceptually is very simple. Benefits are paid directly to you regardless of any other insurance you may have. You can then use the benefits to help pay for all of the extra costs associated with your cancer treatment.

Why purchase cancer insurance?
Cancer treatment presents a significant financial burden for almost all patients. Even if the patient has health insurance, there will most likely be deductibles, co-pays, and annual or lifetime caps to pay.

The National Institute of Health estimates the overall costs of cancer in 2007 in the United States was $219.2 billion. Of that, $89.0 billion was due to medical costs and $18.2 billion was due to lost productivity costs.

What are the risks of cancer?
According to the American Cancer Society, it is estimated that 1,437,180 new cancer cases will occur in the United States in 2008. Men have a 1 in 2 chance and women have a 1 in 3 chance of developing cancer.

Cancer risk increases with age. 77% of all cancers occur in individuals age 55 and older.

Cancer is the second leading cause of death in children, after accidents.

Testimonials for cancer insurance:

"Without this coverage I don't know how I would have survived. This has been an expensive illness."
- Betty H.

"The financial support this policy afforded us has, indeed, been a great comfort."
- Janet & Jim P.

"As 27-year-old LS fought the cancer that took her leg and would ultimately take her life, she battled hospital creditors for the home she shared with her husband and their three sons. Bill collectors called the house constantly, demanding $25,700 for an earlier emergency-room visit. She told them, 'No, we can't sell our house because I'm sick with cancer.'"
- Denver Post


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meaning of Words: Stupid, Dumb, Ignorant, foolish and Retarded

Walt Disney world - Magic Kingdom

STUCK ! on Bush Gardens ride