Ok, I admit I am a bit of a finiky eater. I may not try this dish myself and a finiky child may not either. But it does look fun to make and you may find it is one of your favorite dishes. So I will try it if you will....
The whole point of these recipes is to have fun with e kids with food they can make [cook ].
* Use your personal judgment when it comes to children, knives and open flames. It's suppose to be fun so be safe.
Apple & Chicken Curry
This mildly spicy curry is made with ingredients you can buy at your local supermarket. The apple adds a subtle sweetness to the dish.
You Will Need:
1 tbsp canola or sunflower oil
1 clove garlic
1 medium apple
1-2 tsp mild curry paste
1 tsp soy sauce
2/3 cup boiling water
2 in piece lemongrass
2 chicken breasts, cubed
3/4 cup frozen peas
Salt and pepper
Boiled jasmine rice to serve
Makes 4 servings
1. First prepare your vegetables and fruit: Peel and chop the onion, crush the garlic. Thinly slice the scallions. Cut the apple into thin slices.
2. Heat the oil in a wok. Add the onion and cook for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Then pour in the soy sauce, coconut milk, and chicken stock, stirring constantly.
3. Add the lemongrass, chicken, and apple. Bring the curry to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes until the chicken has cooked through.
4. Add the peas and scallions and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Season to taste with salt (the soy sauce is salty so be careful) and pepper.
5. Remove the lemongrass and spoon the curry onto plates. Serve with a sprinkling of cilantro, a few slices of lime, and boiled rice.
6. To shape your jasmine rice into a star, grease a star-shaped mold with sunflower oil. Spoon cooked rice into the mold. Press it down with your fingers and then carefully slip off the mold .
Apple and Chicken Curry By Annabel Karmel