Cheeseburger Pizza Pie - recipe - deliciouse!!




I ran across this recipe online - I had to share. I love Pizza, I can eat Pizza everyday of my life. When I was in high school, every day after school I would walk home and on my way - I would stop at my favorite pizza shop and have a slice.

But like I said - I ran across this and thought - man this sounds delicious!!


Cheeseburger Pie
By Anne Coleman

cheeseburger pizza recipesThe holiday rush is on and before you rush off to grab dinner at a not-so-cheap-or-healthy food joint, consider this quick and easy pie. Not only does it taste just like a burger from the local drive-through, it also happens to cost less per person; about $1.10 per serving. This was a winner with my entire family as long as I used the onion powder option over the real onion. Add a green salad rather than fries and a homemade milkshake for a dinner that's both fast and economical - and healthier than the alternative.

Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
Cost Per Serving: $1.10

Ingredients
1 can crescent rolls
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup finely chopped onion OR 1 teaspoon onion powder
1/3 cup chopped dill pickle slices
2 Tablespoons ketchup
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
2 Tablespoons flour
2 Tablespoons dill pickle juice
2 Tablespoons milk
2 cups shredded American cheese, divided


Directions

Preheat oven to 375°.
Unroll crescent rolls and press into the bottom and up the sides of an 8 inch pie pan.
Cook ground beef in a skillet until browned. Drain well.
Stir in onion, chopped pickle, ketchup and mustard.
Sprinkle with flour and add pickle juice and milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Remove from heat and add 1 cup of shredded cheese.
Pour into the prepared crust and bake for 15 minutes, or until edges of crust are golden brown.
Remove from oven and top with remaining cup of cheese. Let stand until cheese melts.
Garnish with extra ketchup, mustard and pickle slices.

See more recipes from Anne Coleman (aka Short Order Mom).

Comments

buy r4i said…
It sounds delicious! Can't wait to taste it. I would like to make it today. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Anonymous said…
See; we can't buy canned Crescent Rolls where I reside. In 50 years I've never seen 'em in any shop - anywhere in the land. So here we need to do a bit of modification to enjoy eating recipes like this one.

Popular posts from this blog

Meaning of Words: Stupid, Dumb, Ignorant, foolish and Retarded

STUCK ! on Bush Gardens ride

Hotel Coco Keys - vacation Gone wild, fun !