Children do strang things to You - Help Me !!!!



It's been a while seen my last confession - oops, I mean post.
I've sort of been busy working [ trying to make up the money I spent on my camping vacation ].
I have also been playing with the kids and yes - loosing my manhood.......

I Have a confession?
You know, I would do anything for my kids.... anything! That is just a given, I believe most Parents would, but in my attempt to help my duaghter learn about money, how to earn it, manage it and start her own business - I learned I have a creative and [ dare I say ] feminine side to me .... Lol...

Yes, I helped my duaghter start her own Jewelry Business [ look honey I spelled "Jewlery" right ... oops ]. And by doing so found that hey, I have sort of have a flare for this [ wow sounds way to girlie ] - I mean a nack for this.

It started with me just helping her build her hobby into a business, then helping her fine tune her skills and then just helping her where ever I could - until I actually started creating pieces and then - on a slow day sitting around the table as my duaghter worked on her jewelry, I got this bright idea. Before I knew it I was sitting right by her building this elaborate [ big word - hope I spelled it right ] necklace. 5 hours later, more than 200 blue seed beads, one long strand wire folded into several layers - I was done with my creation. "Darn" [ pg rating here ] I was proud of my work.


My wife took it to work and sold it in less than 5 minutes of showing it off....

I feel good. But like I said, I find it odd that a grown man is sitting at his dinning room table making jewelry peices... couldn't I be building a motor bike, better yet - restoring a 55 Mustang convertable.

I guess I'll have to wait for my son to be older to make that wish come true.........




Comments

Unknown said…
so cute! i can't believe i a just reading this. i was obsessed with jewelry making as a child. you're a good daddy!

Popular posts from this blog

Meaning of Words: Stupid, Dumb, Ignorant, foolish and Retarded

Walt Disney world - Magic Kingdom

STUCK ! on Bush Gardens ride