Today is a better tomorrow: encouraging words

Encouraging words for you and me.

When you have kids, or when you think about your own life: it sometimes becomes overwhelming - thinking about tomorrow. Be tomorrow the next day or the far off future, it's hard to see what you want to come about .... especially if you don't have a plan.
Because tomorrow and the future seem so far away we tend to look at it in terms of "it will never come" or "I can wait because I have time". Which is a mistake.



Take it from a dad who had all these plans for his daughter only fourteen years ago. I thought of college,a car, savings, and so many things.... now fourteen years later I realized I am not financially prepared to pay for her college, she wants to learn how to drive and i am not even sure I can get her a car? I know, no one can predict the future - who knew the recession would come, the real estate bubble, and all the rest. But I didn't get prepared, 14 years is a long time and even if I would have just put $100 dollars a month, I would be alot closer to my goal than I am today.

I tell my children that their children and they only think of having fun and rarely think about tomorrow much less the future. And yes, I want my kids to be kids. I want them to enjoy thier childhood - but I also want them to know that while they are young and have all this free time - remember that school and other things they do are preparing for them a better tomorrow, and brighter future, a greater opportunity to achieve what ever dreams they have. Today is how you make tomorrow.

Sadly enough I have to now scrabble and wonder how I am going to pay for my daughters’ college in 3 small years. Hopefully I wont make the same mistake with my seven year old son.

But the video, I hope you use to encourage yourself in what you are facing in your life. No matter what troubles you may be in... if you work today, you can have a better tomorrow.

Quotes:

Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.

A failure to plan is a plan to fail.

When it comes to the future, there are three kinds of people: those who let it happen, those who make it happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Learn the past, watch the present, and create the future.

Good plans shape good decisions. That's why good planning helps to make elusive dreams come true.

If you are planning for one year, grow rice. If you are planning for 20 years grow trees. If you are planning for centuries, grow men. -Chinese Proverb


Please leave me a comment about dreams or goals you've missed or fell short on?

Comments

Unknown said…
I have been struggling with this for a long time. My baby girl is now 20 years old. I tried to share my feelings about your same concerns with someone. They told me why do I cry over the same thing all the time. :( It saddens me. Thanks for writing about real life thoughts and concerns that many parents have.

Popular posts from this blog

Meaning of Words: Stupid, Dumb, Ignorant, foolish and Retarded

Walt Disney world - Magic Kingdom

STUCK ! on Bush Gardens ride