Great Crunchy Onion Rings : online cooking school, not

This is Not a online cooking school

- I just love to eat.

Ok, for any of you who does not know me, I am not a cook, chef and this is not a online cooking class - I just happen to love to eat. Considering that I have high cholesterol[ according to my doctor ], so I watch what I eat - but with that said, I love to give myself a trest. So I pick this little sweet treat, that I loved to have at my local restuarant, to have as a treat at home.

If you love a good batch of crunchy onion rings, use this recipe.


Onion Rings
From EatingWell.com

online cooking class notWe couldn't get enough of these crunchy onion rings. Try any seasoning blend that you have on hand to add flavor to the breading or substitute 1 teaspoon salt instead. Seasoned whole-wheat breadcrumbs are available in some supermarkets and natural-foods stores. If you can find them, try them in place of the plain breadcrumbs and seasoning blend.

Cooking Ingredients
• 2 medium yellow onions
• 3/4 cup(s) 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
• 3 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cup(s) fine dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat (see Tips & Techniques)
• 1 tablespoon(s) seasoning blend, such as Cajun, jerk, or Old Bay
• Olive oil or canola oil cooking spray

online cooking ringsCooking Directions
Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat 2 large rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
Cut off both ends of each onion and peel. Slice into 1/2-inch-thick slices; separate into rings. (Discard the smallest rings or reserve for another use.) Place the rings in a medium bowl; cover with cold water.

Combine flour and baking powder in a shallow dish. Lightly beat eggs in another shallow dish. Combine breadcrumbs and seasoning in a third shallow dish. Working with one ring at time, remove from the water, letting any excess drip off. Coat in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in egg and let any excess drip off. Then coat in the breadcrumb mixture, shaking off any excess. Place on the prepared baking sheets. Generously coat the onion rings with cooking spray.
Bake for 10 minutes. Turn each onion ring over and return to the oven, switching the positions of the baking sheets. Continue baking until brown and very crispy, 8 to 10 minutes more.

Carb Servings: 2 starch, 1 fat. Carbohydrate Servings: 2

Cooking Tips & Techniques
Ingredient note: We like Ian's brand of coarse dry whole-wheat breadcrumbs, labeled "Panko breadcrumbs." Find them in the natural-foods section of large supermarkets. To make your own breadcrumbs, trim crusts from firm sandwich bread. Tear the bread into pieces and process in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. (To make fine dry breadcrumbs, process until very fine.) Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 250°F until dry, about 10 to 15 minutes. One slice of bread makes about 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs.

Again, this is not a online cooking class, I am not a chef, I try to cook - it doesn't always come out great but I think I love the experience as much as I love eating the food I cook.

** List of recipes go here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meaning of Words: Stupid, Dumb, Ignorant, foolish and Retarded

STUCK ! on Bush Gardens ride

Walt Disney world - Magic Kingdom