Marriage is like a long Boxing Match

Marriage is like a boxing Match

In the immortal words of Forrest Gump’s Mama : “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get”. And this is so true, Life is always a surprise and as I contemplate the meaning of Life, I can not help but ponder the comparison I see in a marriage and a Boxing match....

Maybe it’s me or maybe lack of sleep - but think about it. After having one of those [ what the hell were we fighting about ] bouts with my wife, I came up with the comparison of marriage and a boxing match. Indulge me as I show my reasoning:

Marriage - compared to - a Boxing match

You get married ---- you agree to clash
You have disagreements --- you come to disagree
You fight --- you throw blows
You fight several times --- several rounds to fight
You quickly change topics --- you dodge and weave
You get hurt --- you get the snot beat out of you
You choose your battles --- you choose your punches
You bite back --- you bite an ear off [ learned that from mike ]

And right now, after our small tiff - I’m sure my wife is thinking that if she buys herself some time, she's going to knock me out on the last round [ about when I’m 60 or 70 yrs old ].

funny joke about being married

Comments

Anonymous said…
Madeline, thanks for the email...

But think about it..
you get married and what happens - sooner or later there is a disagreement and eventually - a fight. Do you go at it - no. most marriages that last, they buy their time. they pick and choose which fights to have, which to give up or which are serious even to go all at it. like boxing, you go a couple of rounds and you pick which punches to throw, get a feel for opponents actions and reactions. You choose which punches are best and you decide if your going to knock him out and which round would be best to try and knock him out.

Marriage is the same way. A wife a husband - after a few years, they have a good idea what they can and can't get away with. They know which arguments they just try to have and which ones they go all out for. Some couples just love to argue, others - they store it all up and wait to pounce on the other throwing everything at each other [ you know, like you hurt me in the fifth grade and now your hurting me again ].

Popular posts from this blog

Meaning of Words: Stupid, Dumb, Ignorant, foolish and Retarded

Walt Disney world - Magic Kingdom

STUCK ! on Bush Gardens ride