How to have a MineCraft party

How to have a MineCraft Birthday party

Minecraft Party – What better birthday party theme than one my son is hooked on 100%!
minecraft party ideas

It was a simple thing:
Mother: Son, how do you want to celebrate your birth?
Son: Oh! Oh! I want a Minecraft birthday party it would be so cool! Please, please, pretty please!
Mother: Ok, son – that is what we will do.
Then mother looks at husband and says: what is Minecraft.

Yep, that’s when dear old dad said: Google it baby. No, I explained to her that it was that game that he was so infatuated with. There were times I wondered if it was wise to let him play that wacky game. Sure he creates things, he builds homes, islands, he searches and he investigates – so in essence he is using his brain. But after watching a few of the YouTube video he watches –I’m starting to think it may have fried some of these people’s brain cells.

But I digress, the birthday party has consumed my wife – I mean really, here are just a few things I have seen here do for the party. (Ideas she has come up with or seen on the internet).

Minecraft Party Ideas
minecraft party game
Pin the tail on the piggy: Take a box, cover it with image of Steve and have a minecraft pig instead of donkey (cool idea, I like it. We did the same sort of variation with a pin the X on the treasure map for a pirate themed AR school party.)

Minecraft musical chairs: Again this one is a variation of musical chairs – we just don’t use chairs. This one is still in the works but the idea is to use hula hoops of some variation to create places the children must step into to avoid disqualification.

Minecraft Party bean bag toss: this one is another variation on an old game. You toss the bean bag ball at the creeper (you get three throws, tosses.. whatever) and whoever gets the most points wins, pretty basic and all.

minecraft birthday party games
Minecraft Background music: This one is a little bit elaborate – My wife has sat down with my son to watch several minecraft music parodies. After creating a play list of these video (I being the techie) will record, edit and then provide a projector to continuously play these minecraft music videos as the children play.

Minecraft invitation cards: Well, more like minecraft invitation blocks, seeing as mostly everything in minecraft is block shaped my wife designed an invitation that was shaped like a literal box, cube, you get the idea. At first it was hard but with some ideas from online sources she came up with an interesting invitation.

party theme mine craft
Minecraft decorations: This was the most time consuming thing we undertook (mostly done by my wife) I only offer a bit of manual labor and a viable source of how to make the job easy (I like easy). The idea was to make blocks of earth, stone, you name it she wanted to make it and she printed a lot of these sheets out and then proceeded to cut, fold and tape. I on the other hand told her why not use the cutter that is available to her at the teacher school workstation (as I always say: I like doing things the easy way). As you can see in the picture above – we had a lot of these decorative paper boxes which she will use on the table that will display the cake.

Minecraft Party food: my wife being the person that she is working on making finger foods that match the minecraft world. For example – she wants mini bread with mini sausages (better known as pigs in a blanket). She also wants to make square brownies for the blocks of dirt, blue jello in square shapes, blocks of cheese, watermelon – anything and everything that can be cut, shaped or molded into a square is a potential minecraft edible delight.

Personally, I am going to be all minecraft out….. and his birthday party is still a few weeks away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meaning of Words: Stupid, Dumb, Ignorant, foolish and Retarded

Walt Disney world - Magic Kingdom

STUCK ! on Bush Gardens ride