Cloud computing saved my life, ok - my memories

Cloud Computing saved my life, Ok, my memories.
Cloud computing is the delivery of computing as a service rather than a product, whereby shared resources, software, and information are provided to computers and other devices as a metered service over a network (typically the Internet).

In one of my early post, so way back I did not dare even search for it to link to it, I told the story of how my brother-in-law lost 8,000 pictures [ memories of his children growing up, wedding, childbirth - you name it ], it was all gone. Why, becuase everything went digital.

cloud computing saved this pictureToday we hear that Kodac is filing for bankruptcy and getting out of the camera business - why? Becuase people all decided to go digital. Who really saves regular photos any more, even I one of the last to hold out have gone digital. I have several boxes of pictures than span several years, but a few years back I bought a digital camera and some where down the road - I started storing my pictures on my cumputer. Like I said, my brother-in-law lost 8,000 memories becuase he had the misfortune of having his computer crash and having no back-up of all his files.
Luckily, I always made cd copies of all my files, then came thumbdrives, and then I started cloud computing before cloud computing ever started. Let me explain. I tried paying for a service that would store my files for me, but I figure why pay when it can be for free.

cloud computing saved this memorySo, what i did was simple, I used Myspace, Blogger and Picasso as my free cloud computing storage facilities. Yes, I took a risk - but it paid off. My desk top finally dies and I realize that there were several pictures and videos I forgot [ to lazy ] to back up. I thought all was lost. They today as I was checking the news I heard how Myspace had reported that it was making a come back and had several hundred thousand new members, giving Facebook a possible challenge [ doubt it but since FB was doing it's IPO the news likes to bring these things up ]. But myspace is not important, what is important is my stored pictures, my cloud computing system I had mistakenly created.

So after several hours of trying to figure out what was my Id and password - bang, I was in. I found several pictures I had thought lost for ever. Pictures that still bring a smile to my face - all becuase of cloud computing or should I say - cheap cloud computing. I couldn't save the music, but the pictures I was glad to find online. So with this small success I started visiting several of my old website huants to find that I had stored many priceless pics on the cloud.

What is Cloud Computing
Cloud computing provides computation, software, data access, and storage resources without requiring cloud users to know the location and other details of the computing infrastructure.

funny egg joke imageEnd users access cloud based applications through a web browser or a light weight desktop or mobile app while the business software and data are stored on servers at a remote location. Cloud application providers strive to give the same or better service and performance as if the software programs were installed locally on end-user computers.

At the foundation of cloud computing is the broader concept of infrastructure convergence (or Converged Infrastructure) and shared services. This type of data centre environment allows enterprises to get their applications up and running faster, with easier manageability and less maintenance, and enables IT to more rapidly adjust IT resources (such as servers, storage, and networking) to meet fluctuating and unpredictable business demand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meaning of Words: Stupid, Dumb, Ignorant, foolish and Retarded

STUCK ! on Bush Gardens ride

Hotel Coco Keys - vacation Gone wild, fun !